Bale hopes hard work pays off

Jan 13, 2010

Tottenham Hotspur left-back Gareth Bale is determined to try and secure a regular run in the first team at White Hart Lane, having been forced to play a back-up role in recent times.

The 20-year-old Wales international has started just four games this season, none of which have been in the Premier League, with Benoit Assou-Ekotto manager Harry Redknapp's first choice.

Bale was handed a rare opportunity against Peterborough United in the third round of the FA Cup just over a week ago and hopes to have done enough to keep his place.

He told the club's official website: "I've been working hard in training and every time I've been given a chance I've tried my best and I'll keep doing that.

"I needed to improve on certain aspects of my game and I've been working on that with the coaching staff. The main thing I've worked on is my defending.

"Every player needs to improve, we've worked on a lot of things and hopefully it's coming together.

"Obviously it's not been easy sitting on the bench, but it's an experience I've learnt from - I'll take it all on board and it will do me better for the future. I just want to keep playing and hopefully I'll get a run in the team now."

0 comments:

Post a Comment